New Delhi: India’s largest, the State Bank of India (SBI), allows customers to update their passbook hassle-free with Swayam (passbook printing It may be noted that bank passbooks are in integral records of the financial health of the respective bank account. It allows account holders to view transactions from the account opening date.
Swayam enables customers to carry out passbook printing in self-service mode using barcode technology. Customers can print their passbooks of savings, recurring deposit as well as PPF account through this facility round the clock, even after branch timings.
Here’s how you can do it:
1. Visit your branch for barcode sticker.
2. Select your language on the kiosk.
3. Insert the last printed page of your passbook.
4. Turn overleaf, if printing exceeds more than one page.
How to view your passbook via m-Passbook:
1. Log-in to SBI’s Yono app
2. Click on ‘Accounts’
3. Click on ‘My Balance’ and select the savings account
4. You can see the entire transaction, this is the mPassbook
It is worth mentioning that self-service passbook printer is an automated kiosk where the customer can print their passbook themselves. The customer has to simply insert passbook with only the cover page opened. SBI’s automated passbook printing facility ‘Swayam’ enables hassle-free updating of your passbook and saves time.